An Independent Family-Owned Newspaper
Friday, May 24, 2013
Subscribe to our RSS News Feed
Schools urged to join Race for Life
Thursday, 26 April 2012
SCHOOLS across Essex are being asked to add another R to the traditional three - Race for Life.
Cancer Research UK is recruiting pupils, parents and teachers to join the battle against the disease by taking part in one of its major fundraising events this summer.
Race for Life takes place in six towns across the county in May, June and July.
Gill Burgess, the charity’s Essex Events manager, said: “Race for Life is a great addition to the school timetable.
“It’s a fantastic opportunity for pupils, school staff, family and friends to get together for an incredible day out, all in support of a seriously good cause.
“There are lots of reasons for schools to get involved - from nurturing team spirit, joining in the local community to just having fun!”
Race for Life in partnership with Tesco is a women-only series of events, which raises millions every year for lifesaving research into 200 types of cancer, helping men, women and children across the East of England survive.
• Cancer Research UK has developed a special pack for primary and secondary schools, featuring ideas for assemblies and top tips for training and raising vital funds.
Schools can enter Race for Life 5k or 10k at www.schools.raceforlife.org or by calling 0871 641 1111.
The Race For Life events are at:
• Garon Park, Southend-on-Sea, Sunday, May 13.
• Harlow Town Park, Harlow, Sunday, May 20.
• Weald Country Park, Brentwood, Saturday, May 26.
• Barleylands, Billericay, Sunday, June 24.
• North Weald Airfield, Epping, Wednesday, July 11.
• Lower Castle Park, Colchester, Sunday, July 15.
• Hylands Park, Chelmsford, on Sunday, July 22.
All content © of Yellow Advertiser unless stated otherwise.
Comments on this news item:
Be the first to comment using the form below.
Add your comment:
Sir Ray Tindle
Advertise with us
Something to sell?
Is Liverpool player Louis Suarez's 10-match ban for biting an opponent excessive?